October 16, 2020
Lake County Free Clinic is excited to share several exciting pieces of news that will take place in early 2021:
- LCFC is moving! The clinic recently entered a lease with the Lake County Commissioners to renovate and take over part of the county-owned building at 105 E. Erie Street in Painesville (the former planning and community development offices). This location not only allows LCFC to safely resume dental services, but also allows the clinic to see more patients in the expanded offices. It also offers room for further expansion.
For information on supporting the clinic during this exciting expansion, contact Marty Hiller, executive director, at email@example.com or by calling 440-352-8686.
- LCFC launches two new programs: In January 2021, LCFC will begin two new permanent programs in direct response to the reported and observed need among LCFC’s patients.
Women’s Health: More than half of LCFC’s patients are women. Many have gone years without a routine breast and cervical cancer screening; some have never had this vital service. Through a partnership with the Case Western Reserve University Physician Assistant program, students and PA proctors, along with LCFC staff and volunteers, will provide clinical breast exams, PAP tests, and, if needed, labs and referrals for mammography and specialized care.
Case Management: Most LCFC patients fall into a population that has reported struggling with basic needs like shelter and food; these fall into the social determinants of health that, when unaddressed, can put LCFC’s at-risk patients at a higher risk of medical and financial difficulty. LCFC will launch a case management program in January 2021 to help patients remain compliant with medication and visits while working with patients to connect with needed social services that will improve their overall health and quality of life.
- LCFC is seeking volunteers in new areas: As LCFC continues to grow to meet the needs of the community, we are seeking volunteers to:
– Spanish-English interpreters.
– Front desk/receptionist volunteers.